Playlist: The Music on Replay for Key Scenes By Julie Anne Lindsey



Deceived by Julie Anne Lindsey

When Elle's father, a single parent and a big shot in corporate insurance, moves her to yet another boarding school for senior year, Elle is disgusted when nothing changes. Her night terrors don't go away, and, soon, despite her father's caring calls and visits, Elle starts to believe she's losing her mind. She knows she's being followed; a ribbon is tied around her doorknob, and there are those cigarette butts that keep turning up on the doormat, in violation of a strict smoking ban on campus. Then there's Bryan, an intriguing boy Elle meets at a flea market and later finds out is a student at her school. Yet on campus, he pretends he doesn't recognize her - until the day he divulges just how much danger she's in. In her search for an answer to all the madness, Elle unravels the truth about her dad's real identity, why someone has lied to her all her life, and the terrifying truth that she may be the only one who can save her from the one who's following her now.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First, thank you so much for allowing me to come and be a part of your blog. Second, I read that you are a music fan and got excited. Music inspires, enhances and practically writes half my scenes for me. I used music to get into character, to set the mood and to add another layer of emotion to every scene. Which is amazing for me, but no one ever know it happened! So, I want to share some songs with you that brought Elle, Pixie and Brian to life for me. Now, if you’re a music snob, you will hate me because I’m very pop and not deep about music. I just know when I hear something that it is perfect for this or that and I use it to carry the story through those scenes. My knowledge of music, like my knowledge of everything else is very surface and I’m okay with that. I just like it because it makes me feel and I like all the feels.

Okay, I arranged them by chapter because I’m like that. LOL. I have playlists for each character too, but these were the songs I spent the most time with while writing.

Only happy When it Rains – Garbage (playing on Pixie’s alarm over the sound of the shower in chapter 1)

Spiderwebs – No Doubt (on inside Buzz Cup after she runs there from library, chapter 4)

That’s My Jam – Relient K (In Pixie’s Car chapter 4 when she picks Elle up from Buzz Cup)

Paradise – Coldplay (on headphones as Elle falls asleep early in book to playlist & ear buds in chapter 5)

King and Lionheart - Of monsters and men (as she walks to the wall before school Chapter 6)

Make this Place Your Home – Phillip Phillips (When Brian drives her home from the library in Chapter 7)

Just a Girl – No Doubt (Playing on Pixie’s stereo as they drive to the gas station in Chapter 8)

Smells Like Teen Spirit – Nirvana (Playing inside gas station. Attendant is playing air guitar to it Chapter 8)

The Fighter – Gym Class Heroes (Playing at the Pier in Chapter 9)

Should I Stay or Should I Go Now – The Clash (On the radio in Brian’s Jeep when he takes her to his place for dinner, chapter 11)

You Really Got Me – The Kinks (Playing on the radio in the background/ inside his cottage during dinner)

Calling You – Blue October (on in the Jeep when he says he will always be watching out for her, even after she leaves for school in the fall and makes a life for herself Chapter 15)

Mr. Brightside – The Killers (Playing at the Pier when Elle & Nicholas go to get Pixie, Chapter 15)

Run - Snow Patrol (Playing in Nicholas’ Jeep as they take Pixie to her new life Chapter 15)

Come on Get Higher – Matt Nathanson (when they kiss – Chapter 16)

I Will Wait – Mumford & Sons (On in Nicholas’ SUV as he tells her about how he came to watch over her, Chapter 18)

We Will Rock You – Queen (When he’s getting her something from the kitchen and humming an old rock anthem, Chapter 19)

Enter Sandman – Metallica (Chapter 20 as she sees the glow and runs for her life)

Things will change – Treetop flyers (on radio as they drive away from campus to local rendezvous Chapter 20)

Dream On – Aerosmith (Playing in Sarah’s car when she steals her away for coffee, Chapter 21)

All the Small Things – Blink 182 (On in the car driving to the Austen home for the first time Chapter 24)

Uprising – Muse (running through the woods & fighting for her life, beating her dram, her monster, Chapter 31)

Unwritten- Natasha Bedingfield (Final scene. She’s off to start her real life, Chapter 33)

Hope you enjoyed this little peek inside my inspiration, and if you’re in the mood for a YA suspense from a newbie like me, I hope you’ll give Deceived a try!
Thank you again for inviting me over!

About Julie:
Julie Anne Lindsey is a multi-genre author who writes the stories that keep her up at night. In 2013, Julie
welcomes five new releases in three genres including her newest title, DECEIVED, a YA suspense from Merit Press, and her first cozy mystery, MURDER BY THE SEASIDE, book one in the Patience Price, Counselor at Large series from Carina Press (a digital imprint of Harlequin).
Julie is a self-proclaimed word nerd who would rather read than almost anything else. She started writing to make people smile. Someday she plans to change the world. Most days you'll find her online, amped up on caffeine and wielding a book.
Julie is a member of the International Thriller Writers (ITW), Society of Children’s Book Writers & Illustrators (SCBWI), Sisters in Crime (SinC) and the Canton Writer’s Guild.

Find her online:
Tweeting her crazy @JulieALindsey
Soothing her book obsession on GoodReads
Pinning the pretty on Pinterest
Tumbling lamely on Tumblr
Blogging about books and writing at Musings from the Slush Pile
Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment