Mini Review: Heart of an Assassin by Laura Pauling

Heart of an Assassin (Circle of Spies, #2)
Savvy finally reunites with Malcolm, the hot assassin she fell for in Paris.

But when an ancient enemy threatens their lives, Savvy and Malcolm must convince their families to work together, or their future together could be erased. 

Permanently.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pink highlighting are spoilers, just highlight over them to see them                    
                        Rating:  5 of 5 stars
                        Series book: Yes
                        Will I read the Next: Last book
Heart of an Assassin was a fun and easy read that was easy to pick up and easy to put down. The writing was smooth and easy to follow. There was so much action, it was like at every turn it was  like bam! Gun shot. Bam! Fight scene. Bam! Explosion. I felt like I was watching a Tom Cruise movie. The plot was so much easier to follow than in the first book. I didn't get bored by it but also wasn't overwhelmed. I do wish there was a little more back story about Savvy's mom and her history with Will. I think my favorite character is Will. Not because he nice or anything, but he's the kind of villain that is easy to hate. Otherwise I think the family of assassins was just amazing. They all had distinct personalities that were so fun and lovable but at the same time you knew that they were assassins and they're dangerous. At first I didn't think the romance would happen. They were talking about their "friendship" and I was thinking "Oh, um. Did I remember where the last book left on wrong?" But it started to heat up as the book went on. It was absolutely adorable, even if it was a spy/assassin relationship. It never went farther than kissing, but you could tell they were totally into each other. You could tell by the promises of "forever" whenever they were alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment